Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Luck.



Hey Everyone!
It's Alec! I just wanted everyone to know that before the trip, my mom gave me her lucky acorn. Here's the thing. My dad and I ran into a lot of mosquitos. "There sure are too many bugs", I said to my dad. About 5 seconds later, we saw a FULL BOTTLE OF BUG SPRAY on the trail! How weird is that?!(Of course, we picked it up). I also came up with a saying; "If you need help, you must help." That took it's role on the trail as well. As we were stopping to take a breather, a man came over to us and asked us if we had a hand pump. We did(of course). But our pump didn't work on his tires. Luckily, another man came by to get the flat tire man back in business. After that, the flat tire man got in front of us. About 45 minutes later, a different man had lost some air in his tire, and the flat tire man asked another biker if he had a pump. A few minutes later, everybody was back in business!!! And that's how biking goes; if you need help, you must help. Above is a picture of the lucky acorn. 

                     -Alec

2 comments:

  1. Alec,
    I'm sure you learned alot about life on this trip. Excellent job! We're all impressed by what you've accomplished and very proud of you.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete